Thursday, September 18, 2008

I've been busy......

I spent a fabulous day making some felt and another day turning it into these bags. I used my hand dyed wool tops, some unusual "yarn" I picked up at an op-shop and some alpaca to create the felt. I made use of both sides of the felt to create two different looks. I lined the bags, added an interior pocket and a felted i-cord made from the same yarn as a handle. They are soooo soft and very pretty with their felted flower with a felt ball centre.I also turned the felt I made earlier into a couple of little pouches. They are about the size of a CD. I haven't decided whether to add a handle or not.
My vast collection of thrifted, vintage and retro buttons came in handy to make another cute bracelet, this time with many shades of blue as the theme. These are so fun to make, and every one is so unique. Another fun one to make was this bracelet with hand felted beads, thrifted glass beads and what appears to be granite beads. Felt jewellery is so tactile, I love it!All these items will be listed on etsy soon. I want to have enough items to make it interesting before I start listing. I'll let you know when my shop is open.

No comments: