Thursday, January 8, 2009

Aaaaaaargh!!!!!!!!!

Darn flat batteries! I don't cope when my camera isn't working. I guess after 2 1/2 years of daily use even a rechargeable battery will kick the bucket. I rang the place I bought it from, $69.95 AUD for a new battery! As my camera is out of warranty I decided to go the generic route, and bought 2 for $30 AUD on eBay. Should be here tomorrow so I'll be back in business.

The elephant finally has all it's appendages, just needs stitching and stuffing (my least favourite part). I got some safety eyes for it so it's nearly done. Meanwhile I knitted up my very first homespun and felted a case for my camera, will add pics ASAP.

I just received my copy of "2 At-a-time Socks: The Secret of Knitting Any Two Socks at Once, on Just One Circular Needle!" by Melissa Morgan-Oakes from The Book Depository. The Book Depository is FANTASTIC - ultra quick and cheap, and free shipping worldwide from the UK! I have been busting to try out this technique and had to cast on last night after everyone else went to bed. To use this technique you need a 40" (100 cm) circular needle. I'll show you how to make your own really easily and cheaply from needles with shorter cables as soon as my camera battery arrives.

2 comments:

Catherine said...

Oh boy you are bad!! Showing me that site!

Hope the batteries come soon!

Rustic Tarts said...

Well I followed you to Fishpond when you recommended them, so no doubt I will check this new one out too!