Sunday, January 11, 2009

Spaced-out, like totally man, seeing rainbows!!!!!

The space-dyeing method I described in my previous post is fantastic for dyeing fleece too. I dyed 250 grams of fleece from my crossbred ewe "Pearl" using Gaywool dyes in Garnet, Mustard and Cypress. I separated them into two lots after dyeing. I ended up with some gorgeous colours and lots of reddish locks because I had to move the pot to change the hotplate and the colours mixed. I'm not sure how I'm going to spin it yet, I might do the rainbow colours as one single, trying to keep the colours separate, and then ply them with the reddish locks. The beauty of using this method of dyeing fleece is that there is no fibre preparation first - just bung the dirty fleece in the pot and the dirt washes out when you rinse out the dye!

No comments: