Wednesday, November 12, 2008

My first "real" yarn....

Ok, I know I already posted my efforts with the black fleece, but this time it almost looks like proper yarn! I did one bobbin with all Pearl's fleece and another with some of Billie's mohair and then plied them. I dyed the skeins and this is what I ended up with.
I love the colour, it's actually more teal green than it looks in the pic. I got about 150 grams and 190 metres of yarn in about a 10 ply. I think I'll make a bag out of it so I can have lots of use out of it. There's lots of overspun and underspun sections but I love it anyway!

1 comment:

Erica said...

You know Mon I have been reading your blog over the last couple of days and I'm just amazed. You are just so resourceful....and I LOVE your wool! Hey....I was just going to ask you for a pattern for your socks but I don't knit...lol...well not that it would be recognisable anyway. But....don't spose you have a pattern for crocheted ones? Any time I go to a market or something and see those crocheted bed socks I have to buy them. But then I wreck them cause I wear them outside and end up with holes in them. Keep up all the great work.
hugs Erica