Thursday, November 20, 2008

What a man, what a man, what a mighty good man!

This deserved a special post all of it's own. I have been using my rather dodgy swift I rigged up from coathangers. It worked, but let's just say it isn't the most stable of contraptions. While I was out today my darlin' whipped this beauty up for me.

To say I am thrilled is a huge understatement! DH used some recycled red box timber he had lying around. I love it's rusticity, the wood has so much character, and with that solid base it's not going to wobble in the slightest. With a coating of linseed oil it even smells good.Please excuse the crappy yarn, it's purely for demonstration purposes. Aren't the adjustable pegs sweet? DH doesn't even own a lathe, he rigged up some contraption involving a drill, a vice and a chisel to turn them. What a clever boy. Of course we took it for a whirl, and it spins like a dream. Just gotta make some more yarn so I can put it to use!

No comments: