Thursday, November 13, 2008

A new toy.....

I needed a new hook for my spinning wheel and a few other bits and pieces so I used that as an excuse to get myself a new toy. Gotta make the most of the postage right? The folks at Ashford Australia are so helpful and the delivery is so quick it's amazing! Here's my treat to myself.

Yup, I got me a spindle! Isn't it cute? I had so much fun trying it out yesterday. I studied up on the technique via my favourite craft instruction source www.youtube.com , so it didn't take long to get the hang of it. Now I can spin anywhere I want!

Spindling is a very cheap way of getting into spinning. Lots of people spin for years on these before they get a wheel. Some very co-ordinated people even hike while they spin! My fine motor skills are much better than my gross-motor, and using both at once is way beyond me, so you won't see me doing that soon. Can see myself spindling at a lookout though, maybe a trip to the mountains is in order?

No comments: