Monday, December 1, 2008

Blissful bubbles

I haven't made soap for ages, and didn't the usual recipients remind me of this fact at a family gathering on the weekend! With cries of "I'm on my last bar!" ringing in my ears I was sent home with strict orders and a supply of oil and buds from my parent's lavender farm. With everyone out of the house except the sleeping giant (DS 16) I rustled up 3 kgs of yummy soap this morning.
I added some lavender buds that I had blitzed in the coffee grinder to the olive and coconut oil mixture, and then dumped in a huge glug of lavender oil. My house smells soooooo good! Now we just have to wait 6 weeks to use it. Luckily for all my family (and their acquaintances lol )I have a reserve of other soaps to get us through until then.

1 comment:

Tanya said...

That looks soooo yummy Mon you could nearly eat it...lol..
I bet your house smells delightful with all the soap you make...
Have a great day..
Hugs Tanxxoo